Listed below are the awards and recognition which the Dominican Republic has received so far this year. This list was published in the August 10th, 2010 edition of DR1 Travel News:
Top Travel Destinations:
· Santo Domingo received the "2010 Cultural Capital Award" from the American Capital of Culture
· Budget Travel named Samana Peninsula one of its "Top Budget Travel Destinations for 2010"
· CNN included the DR as one of its recommendations for "Affordable and Accessible Vacations in 2010"
· Travel + Leisure named the DR and Los Haitises National Park on its list of "30 Romantic Dream Trips 2010"
· Orbitz.com listed Punta Cana as number eight on its list of "Top 10 Spring Break Destinations for 2010"
· Coastal Living named Saona Island on its list of "Top 31 Best Beach Vacations" in 2010"
Accommodations and Locations:
· USA Today included Excellence Resort Punta Cana on its "10 Great Places to Get Everything Under the Sun" and "10 Great Resorts for Warm Weather Escape"
· Conde Nast Traveler named the Peninsula House in Samana on the Northeast Coast as the most luxurious place in the Caribbean and the top-scoring property in the Americas on its venerable Gold List 2010 issue
· Travel Agent Magazine named Barcelo Punta Cana one of the top five green resorts in the Caribbean, the Bahamas and Bermuda in 2010
· USA Today included the Golden Dolphin Villa in Cabrera on the North Coast on its list of "10 Great Places for a Family Reunion" in 2010
· Punta Cana Resort and Club's posh Tortuga Bay Hotel received the AAA Five Star Diamond Award
· Luxury Living International mentioned Coson Beach in Las Terrenas and Juanillo Beach in Punta Cana on its list for the "Top 10 Beaches to Live on in Paradise" in 2010
· Golf Week selected the Punta Espada Golf Course in Cap Cana as the best course of the Caribbean and Mexico for 2010. This acknowledgment marks the second consecutive year that the course has earned the top spot in the magazine's annual ranking.
· Golf Week has included nine Dominican golf courses on its "2010 Best Courses of the Caribbean and Mexico:"
o Punta Espada Golf Course (Cap Cana) in Punta Cana
o La Cana Golf Course (Puntacana Resort & Club)
o Roco Ki Faldo Legacy Golf Course in Macao, Punta Cana
o Teeth of the Dog Golf Course (Casa de Campo) in La Romana
o Dye Fore Golf Course (Casa de Campo) in La Romana
o Links Golf Course (Casa de Campo) in La Romana
o La Romana Country Club (Casa de Campo)
o Playa Grande Golf Course in Rio San Juan
o Guavaberry Golf & Country Club in Juan Dolio